Guide for Drivers
What you need to know if stopped for DWI in Texas
Many drivers who are stopped for DWI don't fully realize their rights. At Amanda Webb - DWI Lawyer fights aggressively to protect the legal rights of people accused of drunk driving.
The following tips may help you avoid a DWI conviction in Texas if pulled over by police:
- Do not answer any questions other than your name and address.
- If asked to get out of your car, ask the officer if you are free to leave.
- If the answer is yes, leave. If the answer is no, then ask to speak to an attorney before saying or doing anything else.
- Do not agree to perform roadside tests.
- Do not agree to have your eyes tested.
- Do not agree to blow into a handheld breath tester. Your license may be suspended longer than if you take the breath test, but you may be able to win your case.
- Don't lean against the car. Remember that the officer is observing you and will testify that you showed signs of intoxication if he or she sees any.
- Be polite and speak clearly. Produce requested documents.
How a DWI attorney in Houston Area can help
If you were arrested for DWI in Texas, don't hesitate about contact an experienced DWI attorney in Houston Area. Call 1-800-395-5951. Attorney Webb may be able to help you get the results you need.